CAGR Insights is a weekly newsletter full of insights from around the world of web.
Here’s the list of curated readings for you this week:
- In search of deposits, bankers embark on door-to-door campaign – Video of Canara Bank employees selling FD scheme on road is from Goregaon East, Mumbai, confirm branch employees. Read here.
- Invest in companies that Handle hard well – The adversity will separate the wheat from the chaff, the three-stars with upside from five-stars without it, and those who can “handle hard well” from those who cannot. Read here.
- Ready reckoner for Passive funds – The latest edition of Cafemutual’s Passive Ready Reckoner is now out. It gives you all details that you need to know – daily AUM, TER, tracking error, tracking difference (1 year), and returns (1, 3 and 5 years). Additionally, it also captures the 1-year average trading volume and impact cost for ETFs.Read here.
- Fundamental Analysis of Asahi India Glass– Dr. Vijay Malik brings out deep insights on Asahi India Glass, India’s leading producer of automotive and float glass. Read here.
- A Primer on Free Cash Flow – Free cash flow is one of the most dangerous terms in finance, and I am astonished by how it can be bent to mean whatever investors or managers want it to, and used to advance their sales pitches, says Prof, Aswath Damodaran. Read the blog here.
- Hedge funder David Einhorn says value investing may be gone forever- There have been serious changes to the market structure and pretty much most of the value investors have been put out of business. Watch the interview here.
- Understanding the hospital industry – The hospital industry is emerging rapidly due to progression in technology, increasing penetration in health insurance and growth in various lifestyle diseases across the country. This knowledge session by Parag Parikh Mutual fund team provides valuable insights. Watch here.
- India’s Plan to Unlock Gold Gets New Focus With Trade Gap Near Record- The deposit plan and a related sovereign gold bond scheme, which allows an investor to buy a bond priced at the value of gold without an underlying physical asset, are a “far cry from success,” representing less than 2% of India’s annual gold consumption. Read here.
- ECB raises rates by 75 bps for 3rd straight time, hints at more hikes – In recent months, soaring energy and food prices, supply bottlenecks and the post-pandemic recovery in demand have led to broadening of price pressures and an increase in inflation, the central bank said. Read here.
- RBI MPC holds an additional meeting – The Monetary Policy Committee will hold an additional meeting, according to a press release issued by the Reserve Bank of India today. The meeting will be held under provision of Section 45ZN of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, which pertains to drafting the committee’s report to the government on failure to meet the inflation targetting mandate. Read here.
- Succession planning – Who is Next? This is one of the most daunting challenge several companies in India face. Read here.
- Are women less confident about managing their own money? Read here.
Check out CAGRwealth smallcase portfolios here.
That’s it from our side. Have a great weekend ahead!
If you have any feedback that you’d like to share, simply reply to this email.
The content of this newsletter is not an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security in any jurisdiction. The content is distributed for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or a recommendation to sell or buy any security or other investment, or undertake any investment strategy. There are no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or results obtained from any information set forth on this newsletter unless mentioned explicitly. The writer may have positions in and may, from time to time, make purchases or sales of the securities or other investments discussed or evaluated on this newsletter.